I recently read a funny blog about lists.
Ok, I know that that sounds odd, but it’s true.
I really liked the idea of the blog, and lists, and humour (humour me on that one), so I thought I’d write a list of my own.
I’m actually struggling to think of a list to write, so I think I’ll tell you why I’m struggling:
1) I’m supposed to be writing an assignment for my masters, so at the back of my mind is a voice screaming “Don’t be such a lazy ass! You know it’ll be better for you to start the assignment now rather than later. Do it. Do it. Do it.” I’m doing my resolute best to ignore that voice right now.
2) I don’t have any idea what you, the world, is interested in hearing about. It could be that you’d read anything, or it could be that what you’d love most in the world right now is for me to shut up. Whichever it is, I’d love to hear from you!
3) I don’t think I’m a naturally creative individual. I would absolutely love to be, but I’m self-aware enough to admit that it’s a pipe dream. A rusty, broken, dirty pipe-dream which would be better in the dump than clogging up my future. As a non-creative, I find it hard to create anything; that includes ideas. My boyfriend is always after sexy, fun, bedroom ideas from me, to which my response is “well, I dunno.” Irresistible, right?
4) Although I think lists are super useful, and also nice to look at, I don’t actually use them very often. Therefore, I’m pretty much a list-newbie. A list-virgin. A babe, a colt, an abecedarian of lists! I would however, like to consider myself a list-pioneer, a dauntless adventurous on the hunt for an exciting project…we’ll see how long that lasts.
5) I’ve run out of ideas as to why I can’t write a list. Damn.