Three words: dumb but fun!
I’m not going to say much (because I’m in a car typing this on my phone) but I think this was a film with loads of potential but it was poorly executed.
Bad things first:
– there were quite a few cringy/cheesy lines
– too much story and not enough time, resulting in poorly developed characters and plot
– Potentially an over-reliance on CGI, but I’m not really sure cos it was quite cool to look at
– see last point
– Eddie Redmayne. Need I say more? Yes? Ok, best actor in this by far. Creepy, scary, insane, menacing, and yet a little sympathetic at the same time
– very interesting story which had loads of potential cool characters and backstory – maybe a sequel could do better?
– Channing Tatum is the hottest human-wolf hybrid ever
I’d say it’s a good ‘silly’ movie, and I wish they’d split it into two and focused more on character development, backstory explanation and had gotten a little more creative with the script.